Our History

St Thomas' Church and Churchyard were built in 1769 and the architect was Richard Gillow.  The church has a square tower with extensions to the north and south and round headed bell openings.  The extensive graveyard still receives burials.

The Narthex, built in 2003 and opened in 2004 by the Bishop of Lancaster, created a much needed additional space and provides a pleasant area where people can be welcomed, meet and talk before and after the services.  It also provided a space where children could play and be cared for whilst their parents took part in the service before the new church hall and community centre was built.  The narthex contributed to our recognition by the Diocese of Blackburn as a 'child friendly church'.

The three-light east window contains a stained glass image of St Thomas and the assention of Jesus.

The Parish Church of St Thomas, Garstang